Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Story Time!

I know you are all anxious to see me french a rack of lamb so you can provide some harsh critique but if you are also learning with me then you know we have about two weeks worth of reading. This week and next week. And might I add, this week is almost over! So, it's time to read the history lessons on the restaurant, of cuisines (from grand to nouvelle), and what are the kitchen and dining brigades. I'll find a way to test myself this weekend. And hopefully figure out a way to test you too. 

I wrote the cute history lesson in my own words last night, but then I was also up til 3 am and my house is in serious neglect and friends are starting to think I'm going off the deep end here. But when I throw myself into something, I totally go for it. I'm going to be off keyboard for a day or two here while I get my act together. Let me know what you find online and we'll compare notes. We'll be tested on:

1. The History of The Restaurant
2. Careme and Escoffier (two famous french chefs)
3. Grande Cuisine, Classic Cuisine, Nouvelle, etc.
4. The Kitchen Brigade and The Dining Brigade

Now, get crackin!!

With Love,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I have missed you! I enjoy your humor, and I enjoyed learning about the origin of the "restaurant". Anyway, hope you are having very productive days, getting lots of stuff done, getting the house in order, and getting some sleep! 3am?! I could not do that!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Scare Up This Old Blog